Thursday, March 31, 2011

love to share


Next time  you have a bad day at work... Think of this bloke.

Rob is a commercial  saturation Diver for Global Divers in Western
Australia . He performs underwater  repairs on offshore drilling rigs.

Below is an E-mail he sent to his  sister. She then sent it to a radio
station in Perth , who was sponsoring a  worst job experience contest.

Needless to say, she won!  




Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother.

Last  week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling
down lately at  work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to
make you realise it's  not so bad after all. Before I can tell you what
happened to me, I first must  bore you with a few technicalities of my
job.

As you know, my office  lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to
the office. It's a wetsuit. This  time of year the water is quite cool.
So what we do to keep warm is this:

We  have a diesel powered industrial 'water heater'. This $20,000 piece
of equipment  sucks water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful
temperature. It then  pumps it down to the diver through a hose, which
is taped to the side of the  suit. I've used it several times with no
complaints. What I do, when I get to  the bottom and start working, is
take the hose and stuff it down the back of my  wetsuit. This floods my
whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a  Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until, all of a sudden, my arse  started to
itch.

So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things  worse. Within a
few seconds my arse started to burn. I pulled the hose out from  my
back, but the damage was already done. In agony, I realised what had
happened.

The machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my  suit. Now,
since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick
to it.

However, the crack of my arse was not as fortunate.

When  I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding
the jellyfish  into the crack of my arse. I informed the dive
supervisor of my dilemma over the  communicator.

His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he,  along with five
other divers, were all in fits of hysterical laughter. I was  then
instructed to make three agonising in-water decompression stops
totalling  thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to
begin my chamber dry  decompression.

When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but  my brass
helmet
.
As I climbed out of the water, the Medic, with tears of  laughter
running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it
on my arse as soon as I got into the chamber.

Yes the cream put the fire  out, but I couldn't sh*t for two days
because my arse was swollen shut. So, next  time you're having a bad
day at work, think about how much worse it would be if  you had a
jellyfish shoved up your bum.

Now repeat  to yourself "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job".

No comments:

Post a Comment